THE DELIBERATE HAPPY LIFE
This morning as most mornings are great for the simple fact that I was allowed another day to enjoy the beauty of life itself! Far too many times today we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget to find beauty in the simple things that our creator has provided for us! It does not take a rocket scientist to see the beauty in every day common things that we have begun to take for granted like dandelions! One thing I have found that I enjoy more and more is sitting quietly in the mornings with a cup of Earl Grey and watching and listening to the birds as they tell me the tales of the ages. I am lucky to be serenaded by my feathered choir every morning rain or shine! In this quiet moments I can reflect on things and discover new ones and it is during these moments that you may even catch a glimpse of God! I have come to see God in many common everyday things that we tend to overlook, like the ants working feverishly to prepare for another winter, or my feathered friends as they provide the song that carries us light heartedly through the day. While in many aspects of our lives we tend to see only doom and gloom but the promise of hope is always there all we have to do is open our ears and eyes and enjoy the opus of nature. This not only can heal us but it can sustain us because it is tangible proof that God is there. In the subtle breezes and the song of the birds we can hear the stories of our life and the stories of those who have gone before us and those who are yet to come; we can see the smiles and hear the laughter of loved ones that have left us! One of the main gifts that nature gives us is joy! Bird song is happy, trees swaying in a gentle breeze are happy, flowers are happy, even the woodland creatures, be they squirrels or field mice go through life with happiness and joy in the fact that they are what they are. We are the only ones that bring anguish and pain upon ourselves. I am reminded of a quote from Osho, "Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers - for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are." I am glad to say that I have found the happiness that he describes and many toil day after day to find, as I am what and who I am! I am not defined by the people I talk to and am friends with and I am not defined by the work that I do, for all of us, our life's work should be humanity itself! I think sometimes we need to remember that God did not write the gospel in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars and on each and every face that we see through the day, and if we remember that then we will find happiness and joy daily. This really brings home the point of Thoreau when he said, “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” I am living my life deliberately and learning the life lessons and knowing and enjoying the happiness that nature provides.
THE MYSTERY OF MIND CONTROL
What a beautiful day at Beggars Tomb! Once again today the feathered choir is doing their part to make it an enjoyable morning. In the past few days I have been having discussions with various people concerning the MK ULTRA program of mind control that our intelligence community evacuated from Nazi Germany immediately following the collapse of the Nazi regime, and I have been asked to comment on the programs and their validity. I am not normally a person that buys into conspiracy theories, but in this instance and case the idea of “mental reprogramming” is a goal many in our military and intelligence communities have strove to accomplish for a very long time. Hollywood has done its best to lessen the impact and even make light of it with such films as,
Read More